Today I did two things that I have not done in a very long time.
First, I went shopping today for "ladies' intimate apparel" - aka bras. I have not purchased non-nursing bras since before Jeff and I got married. None of my bras were fitting anymore, because I have changed so much, what with all the weight loss and breastfeeding I've been doing. So today I braved the bra section of Wal-Mart while Jeff and the kids escaped to the toys.
I lucked out. I had found a place online (I forget the site now, but you can probably just google it) that tells you how to size yourself for bras - you just measure where they tell you and plug in the numbers, and it tells you about what size you should be wearing. Really cool. So I had a pretty good idea of what size I was looking for. I've changed so much that I would have been totally lost without that awesome tool! So I was able to find the perfect bra pretty much right away, and it cost less than $8 (I love Wally World!). I bought three.
Okay, enough of that lovely T.M.I. subject. On to the second thing I did that I haven't done in forever - I thoroughly cleaned the bathroom. It was so awful before I cleaned it, I was dreading having to do it. But I dug in and cleaned it anyway. See my homemaking blog for pictures (the "before" picture is terrible, and I'm pretty embarrassed about it...). Cleaning the bathroom gave me a big ol' migraine - but I'm glad I did it. For the first time since we moved into this apartment, the bathroom is clean! I love the feeling I get when I walk in and see a clear mirror, an uncluttered, sink, and a clean floor and toilet. It's so wonderful! And now that I've cleaned it, it will be easier to do it every week like I plan.
Jeff mentioned this evening that he feels less stressed when the house is clean. I feel like that too - there's less weighing down on me. It's a nice feeling.
4 comments:
That sounds like a shopping trip I ought to make.
Yeah for a clean bathroom. We laid down backerboard for the tile for the bathroom, but ran out of tile...so there's this backerboard with who-knows-what fallen in between all the little cracks because we're broke for now.
I just decontaminated and disinfected the boys bathroom, from the flooding/clogging issue. I had to Comet the bathtub, so they could take a bath. I love a good clean bathroom! Great job getting yours done!
And there's nothing like the feeling of a brand new bra. You almost forget how good support can be until you get one that fits and isn't worn out!
NEW BRAS ARE NICE! YEAH! Glad you got some and got a clean bathroom too! Sounds like a refreshing (minus the migraine) feeling for a Saturday!
Hey there! Getting a new bra feels pretty good, but having a clean bathroom feels even BETTER!!!! lol!!!! :)) Jeff is right - it does feel nice when the house is clean. I have read that when we are organized, we actually function better as humans. I think it is true!! :) The hard part, for me, is keeping it that way! :)
Have a good week! :)
Post a Comment