Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's a ....

We had our ultrasound this morning. First the tech took care of all the important and boring stuff (measuring the head and abdomen, looking at the heart, checking the spine), and we got to see a bit of our baby's attitude (wouldn't cooperate and actually flipped us the finger, yikes!), then we finally got to see the gender:


It's a girl! Here you can see the arms and hands curled up by her face, then the gender shot. Sorry the pics are blurry, we don't have it on CD and the sheet of pictures they gave us wasn't the best quality. You can click to enlarge the pics. The next pictures are her face and then her left arm/hand:


Then her little foot and curled up little legs:


She weighs about 13 oz. and the tech said that everything looked normal and healthy. :-)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so excited! Thanks for calling me firstest, I feel all special. :-) It just occured to me though, that I completely forgot to ask about what you wanted for your baby towel. I know the other 2 have yellow ones, but if you want to have a think about what colors, or fabric pattern, or whatever you want for it.... let me know. Or if you want me to just be creative and be suprised, I'll do that to. Up to you!

Sarah said...

Yeah! I was right! Hooray for girls. I didn't realize you were far enough along to find out, but I guess you are. :)

Congrats!!!

Melinda said...

Oooh! Now I totally can't wait for my ultrasound! (ten days...ten days...ten days...) So happy for you!!

Tiffaney said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting :-) Do you have a name picked out? I bet Zaylee is so excited to have a baby sister.

Stephanie said...

No names yet, just a few that we're casually considering but nothing serious. We're all so excited!

Grandma Danes said...

That is awesome. It is very exciting to see things like this although except for now knowing what kind of clothes to accumulate I kind of like the anticipation we always had and the guessing games.

Rachel Holloway said...

FABULOUS!!! HOORAY FOR GIRLS! I am so excited for you!

Kathy Whittle said...

Congratulations for a little girl!