Yesterday morning when I got up, my back was inexplicably hurting. I had a big pain in my lower back when I would pick something up, sit down, stand up, shift position, or pretty much anything. It was so frustrating, because I couldn't do anything! I wanted to do some decluttering in our bedroom, but bending down to pick stuff up was painful. I had to have Jeff change all the diapers (thank goodness his week off started yesterday), because just kneeling on the floor made my back hurt.
This morning when I woke up the pain was gone. I was so excited at the thought of not hurting all day. But after getting Audrey out of her crib and changing her diaper, my back started hurting again. Now, an hour later, it's as bad as it was yesterday. I'm just so frustrated. I really wanted to get stuff done today. There's decluttering to be done, toys and clothes to be put away, kids to be played with, dishes to be washed and put away. And I can't do any of it because my back is hurting so bad!
I guess I'll have to sit around knitting all day like I did yesterday. Nothing wrong with knitting, and I'm glad for the chance to practice. But when I'm only doing it because I can't do anything else, it loses a bit of its charm.
5 comments:
I feel your pain! I have had some serious neck pain and at it's worst I wasn't even able to pick up Logan. My in-laws ended up driving 40 min. to help me with the kids, since Joe was on alert. I really hope your back starts feeling better. They told me to apply ice and heat simultaneously throughout the day. Don't know if that would help you. And don't be afraid to take a nice strong dose of Ibuprofen! That's what saved me. :)
(Sorry..."they" meaning the Dr.)
I am Marion from Malta (Europe). I have been following your blog for a while now but never sent you any comments. I find your blog very interesting especially when you show your crafts. I particularly loved the pillow buddy, am sewing one for my son for Christmas.
I hope your back will be fine soon, cause when mums are sick all the family seems to suffer. Sometimes back pain goes away by itself. I never lift up my 2yr5months old son because afterwards I end up for a day or 2 in bed.
Thanks so much for your blog :) Marion
I'm sorry for your back - and your boredom! Aaron had some unexplainable, frustrating back pain a few weeks ago, but it just slowly went away. I hope yours feels better way fast. But have fun crafting while you wait!
I was having a ton of trouble with my shoulder/back in England when I was pregnant. Nearly couldn't lift it at one point, which made dressing lots of fun, Mark was gone. Somebody said to soak it in Epsom salt and warm water, and since the doctor had no clue why it was hurting that's what I did.
Nice hot bath, with lots of Epsom salt dissolved... sat until the water got cold. By the time I got out it was fine! Didn't hurt at all even the next day. You can pick up the salts at Walmart or Walgreens... places like that, in the pharmacy section. We're talking about literally sobbing while trying to get my shirt off to get in the tub pain here... gone.
Worth a shot!
Post a Comment