Monday, January 19, 2009

Icky Sicky!

Thomas has had a stuffy drippy nose for several days, but I didn't really think much of it until Jeff and I got sick too! Do you other moms ever do that? You notice that your kid has a cold, but don't really do much more than mercilessly keep their nose wiped. Then suddenly you have a cold too and life is noticeably more miserable! Poor little Thomas, he was so uncomplaining. But now Jeff and I have the cough, the snifflies, and the aches. And we realize how bad Thomas must have felt. Jeff was actually so sick yesterday that he stayed home from Church. Zaylee was really listless and under the weather, so we let her and Jeff stay home while I went with Thomas.

Anyway, from now on I think I'll try to be a little more loving when I notice one of the kids has the snifflies. It may not seem like a big deal to me, but to the person who is sick, it really is awful!


On a different note, one of my food blogging events has me so excited! I participate in My Kitchen My World, where we are assigned a country every week and have to prepare a meal from that country. This week it's Azerbaijan. That really threw me off at first. Azerbaijan? I've never really even thought about Azerbaijan, let alone cooking something from there! But then I found a blog that features Azeri recipes. I found some really good ones, and now I'm really excited about making them this week and posting them on Saturday - mostly the dessert!

4 comments:

CissaLynn said...

Hi girl!! :) Your post was a little wake-up call for me b/c my little one DOES have a drippy nose and probably ISN'T feeling the greatest! I am going to keep an eye on him! And, maybe, look the other way when he is a bit cranky (probably 'cause he doesn't feel so good)! :)

I was also wondering if you had a
pasta salad recipe. I am throwing a baby shower on Sunday and was gonna make that. You are such a good cook. I just wondered what all you put in yours! :)
Thanks, girl!!!
Have a good week!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

YOU ARE TOTALLY ADVENTUROUS...and I have decided that you may not be adventurous in getting out and about, but I am not adventurous in cooking. I think we would make a pretty good pair! :)

Melinda said...

You amaze me with your kitchen escapades! I can't wait to hear what this turns out...though I, being a boring bum in the kitchen, will probably just take your word for it that it's fantastical. Hope you feel better soon!

American Homemaker said...

We did a culture night FHE and my hubby requested something from Turkmenistan. I was like, what? I'd never heard of that country, but he's been there.... so I cooked it. It's fun to make stuff from random places.