Sorry I haven't posted as much as usual. I think I'm going through a bit of a down time, and just haven't seen much of interest in my life to post about. Or if I have, I haven't been motivated to actually post it! I'll try to rectify that, though.
Jeff started his internship (clinicals) on Wednesday. Yesterday and today he went in from 5:30 a.m. until 2:00p.m. This is good and bad at the same time. He enjoys getting there early to go on the phlebotomy rounds, and meet the patients. And he loves being able to get home before 3 in the afternoon, and spend the rest of the day with me and the kids. But at that time in the morning it's too dark to ride his bike, so he has to drive. It's not far, but part of the reason we were so glad his internship was here in town was because we thought he wouldn't have to drive - we save gas and I get the car if I need it. Oh well. I think he only has the early shift some days, but other days it's something like 8 to 4.
Because of the whole sanitary hospital thing, Jeff comes home smelling like rubber gloves and soap. Well, if it bothers me I can just remember that Rachel's husband would come home from class smelling like cadavers, and that cheers me right up! :)
We went to the park this evening, and it felt good to get out and exercise a bit. Zaylee, as usual, had a huge blast going down the big slide over and over again. She even went potty at the restroom when we got there before she started playing (I insisted). She really loves going to the playground. I don't think she stopped smiling and giggling the whole time we were there.
I turn 24 1/2 today. In six months I will be a quarter of a century old. Hmm.
2 comments:
I think I would prefer soap and rubber gloves over cadevers anyday too. Glad you guys had fun at the park! Mark took the boys down to a park with a merry-go-round today. Oren was so excited he told me about it on the phone. Of course, he was excited to talk on the phone to me too. :-)
I had fun turning 25. It was like being officially an adult. Late 20's is nicer than early 20's. People treat you more as an equal than a young person. I'll be 27 soon, and Mark just turned 29. Ha! I get to throw him a big party next year. With an "over the hill" cake!
I've kind of felt like that too the past few days - not much to post about. Hey, I can hardly remember when I turned 25! (I'm heading for 50 in a few years!)
Post a Comment