Another update on the bookcase. Today I nailed on the back and part of the trim. There are a few areas where I need to shave off a bit from the edges to make it straight, before I can add the rest of the trim and finish it up. You may or may not be able to see it in the picture (I can, because I know where the crooked parts are), but if I were to try to add the outside trim now, it would be extremely wonky.

Unevenness aside, I am so excited every time I work on my bookcase. It's gonna be so awesome!
3 comments:
Looking great! Can't wait to see it all finished. You're doing the drawer bottom too, right?
Yeah, after I finish this bookcase I'll build another one that has drawers just like it, but with drawers. Then I'll put this bookcase on top of the one with drawers and it will be a hutch.
What I meant to say: I'll build another one just like it, but with drawers. So there'll two bookcases - this one and one with drawers.
Post a Comment