Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Silver

Is there anything more beautiful than silver? Shimmering, sparkling, glistening. Silver is glamorous and distinguished, sleek and modern. Silver is an absolutely beautiful color - until you find its glistening presence among the dark, chocolate-colored hairs of your head. I found my first silver hair this afternoon as I was looking in the mirror. No, could it be? I plucked it, examined it closely, and came to the sad conclusion that, yes, this hair is silver. No brown or blond coloring in it whatsoever. I'm getting old! (Absolutely no offense whatsoever to you lovely ladies who already have a head full of beautifully glistening, sparkling, shimmering silver!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I insist that Steve has more gray hairs than I do, and he insists that it's the other way around! Either way, join the ranks! The good thing is, if it really bothers you, getting highlights in your hair helps hide the grays a little :)

Karen said...

Enjoy getting those beautiful glistening silver hairs. I promise you'll earn every one by the time your kids are in their teens!

Michelle said...

I pulled out 5 white ones the other day. All at one sitting.... I think Dad went grey early too. What fun!